Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scrap It With a Song (Week 22)

This week has been pretty hard on my, Monday was the 5yr anniversary of my dad's death.  I've been keeping alot of my emotion in and it's been eating me up inside.  When I saw this challenge and played the song in my head it just all hit me and I had to do this.  This is the last picture that I have with my dad, it's actually the last day that I spent with him.  He was sitting on the couch and I came up sat down and told him to smile, I had no idea that it would be our last picture together.  This is after he had come home from the hospital following his stroke, he died of a pulmonary embolism following surgery in September.  I miss him so much...     Love you daddy.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry..... Aren't you glad you took this picture though? and it is a beautiful one. Memories to treasured forever. This is a great page too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing, creative and gorgeous way to honour what you are feeling today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for you loss, but your page is beautiful. thanks for playing along with us at scrap it with a song

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you found inspiration to scrap the picture. Thanks for playing along with Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a self proclaimed Daddy's Girl, I can understand how you must feel. What a profound loss, but a beautiful tribute!!! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It With a Song. Hope to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete