Friday, September 24, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge


Happy Friday night!  Today was a super long day, but I need to work on something for awhile to unwind, so I figured this challenge would be perfect!  The Papercraft Star is holding a Simon Says Recipe Challenge and this is what I came up with!  I'm new to cardmaking, but I really enjoy it so far!  I am in LOVE with this October Afternoon paper, it's from the fly a kite stack!  The flowers are Tim Holtz die flowers of course and the centers are from a 1956 Better Homes & Gardens magazine!  Here's the challenge!
 
Simon Says Follow this Recipe:
Make a Card
Base: 5.5 x 5.5
Mat: 5x5
Score Mat 5 times at 1/4 inch
3 Flowers from Die Cut or Punch
3 Buttons and Twine
(You may also add a sentiment or other items as desired)

3 comments:

  1. Mindy, this is a darling interpretation of the Simon Says challenge! I just love how you added the sentiment by hanging it on the twine... very clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute Mindy! I love the colors and the tag hanging on the twine is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the recipe! I LOVE OA paper, especially this line and Thrift Shop, Great idea to hang your sentiment from the twine. :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete