Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday's Thrifty Creation


I spent the good part of the afternoon going from thrift shop to thrift shop looking for a project.  I found a few!  I finished this one up tonight and I am almost done with the other one, but it's gonna have to wait until after work tomorrow cause I have to go watch "Glades" with my hubby.  Anyways this amazing little find was the ugliest 80's key holder that I had ever seen, I got it for $.49 and then I created this!  It's got hooks on the back to hang it and It'll go great with my green walls in the studio.  I am really loving the crackle paint, I think it's a lot easier than the tim holtz stuff, but that's just me.  It probably takes longer.  Anyways I have a BIG project in the trunk that I got for $3 and it's very UGLY!  I should take before pictures of that before I make it beautiful.  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Love until the next creation!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Mindy! That is just gorgeous!! Love your Romantic style :)

    Can't wait til the BIG project is complete....and yes, before and after shots would only add to the radicalness (is that a word?) of your wonderful transformation!

    Smiles,
    Cameron
    AKA: PaintMyselfPretty
    Blog me up Baby / Swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is simply beautiful! I love how you altered it! I love your style and can't wait to see more projects from you! And I am dying to know what the BIG project is!

    mag @ swapbot
    blog me up baby

    ReplyDelete