Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sketches in Thyme DT Call


I love a great sketch and I have really enjoyed participating in the Sketches in Thyme challenges, so I figured I'd try out for the design team.  Seeing I've been in a scrap funk I have been putting off my submission! haha!  I think I've done this sketch 4 times now!  I picked up the new Webster's Pages paper at the Paper Niche along with the awesome blue trim and the new Kaiser flowers.  The pictures I snagged from my mom's house along with the buttons (ssshhh!) and I wanted to make her something for my parent's anniversary.  Ever since my dad passed away I always make it a point to get her something or make her something because I know it's a hard day for her!  I guess it already "wedding themed, something blue, something old, something borrowed (lol her pictures & buttons!!)"  So I'm very happy with the outcome.  Here's the sketch...
Be sure to go check out Sketches in Thyme's DT Call and well you have until tomorrow night! LOL!  Because I procrastinated!!

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Mindy...your mom is going to cry when you give her this!!! It's gorgeous!! Totally beautiful project that you should be so proud of. :) Best wishes w/making a spot on the DT! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely FABULOUS piece of work this is!! Just love the trimmings, the papers and the flowers! Superb job! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! This should ensure you a spot on the DT. I am sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful page! Wish you the very best, your work is AMAZING! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful layout, i have a tough job ahead choosing the new DT. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    XO
    CIndy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great take on the sketch, Mindy! I'm sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete