Thursday, November 25, 2010

Christmas Ornament Gifts :D

I love making homemade gifts for the holidays, I usually bake up a storm, making cinnamon oatmeal cookies, snickerdoodles, cupcakes and fancy chocolate covered pretzel rods and a few more depending on time!  I also love making ornaments, cards, etc to give with the baked goods.  I'm sure like most of you everything this season is being done on a budget!  I started picking up my baking supplies as the grocery stores had them on sale over the past month and I'm pretty much all stocked up for 1/2 the price I usually spend!  I also wanted to share with you these super cute ornaments that I made!  I made 12 ornaments for UNDER $5!  Here's the shopping list! 
  • 2 Packages of Rattan Balls from the Dollar Tree   - $2 
  • 2 Picks of Holly I purchased at ACMoore on Sale  - $.59 
  • 1 Roll of Holiday Ribbon I got at Michaels           - $1.00 
  • 1 Sheet of festive holiday paper                        - $.80  
I took some burplap string and tied it to the ball to make a hanger.  Then I made a bow and glued it to the top, snipped off a bit of holly and glued it into the ball.  I then printed on my computer the "Merry Christmas" and punched it out with my 1/2" punch pop dotted it over a 1" scallop I punched out of the Holiday paper and hot glued it right on the ball!  So that's 12 ornaments for under $5!


What are some of the ideas that you all are working on for the holidays?  I also created a cute and simple package embellishment to hang of presents and bags to give it that special touch.  I made 48 of these for a little over $3.  I purchased the evergreen pipe cleaners at the dollar store a package of 12 for $1.  You cut the greens in half and then twist the ends together making a little wreath, and similar to the ornament the "Happy Holidays" scalloped circle.  I also purchased some thin braided holiday ribbon at Michaels and used about 1/2 of it for the 48 wreaths making the ties on the top.  I have no idea what I'm gonna do with 48, but I'll figure it out!  Haha!



2 comments: